Inheritance recovery attorneys of Los Angeles, California provides legal services related to the recovery of assets or inheritances that may be rightfully yours but are being withheld or disputed. These attorneys specialize in probate and estate law and assist clients in navigating the complexities of inheritance disputes. Here is a summary of the services they typically offer:
- Inheritance Dispute Resolution: Inheritance recovery attorneys help clients resolve disputes arising from contested wills, trusts, or estate distributions. They analyze the legal documents, assess the validity of claims, and represent clients in negotiations, mediation, or court proceedings.
- Will and Trust Contests: If you believe a will or trust is invalid due to fraud, undue influence, lack of capacity, or other factors, an inheritance recovery attorney can guide you through the process of contesting it. They will gather evidence, file necessary legal documents, and advocate for your interests in court.
- Asset Tracing and Recovery: In cases where assets have been wrongfully transferred, hidden, or misappropriated, these attorneys employ strategies to trace and recover the assets on behalf of their clients. They may work with forensic accountants or investigators to uncover hidden or diverted wealth.
- Probate Litigation: If disputes arise during the probate process, such as disagreements among beneficiaries or challenges to the executor’s actions, an inheritance recovery attorney can represent your interests in probate court. They will present arguments, file motions, and advocate for a fair distribution of assets.
- Fiduciary Duty Claims: If an executor, trustee, or other fiduciary fails to fulfill their legal duties, an inheritance recovery attorney can help you bring a claim against them. They will investigate breaches of fiduciary duty, pursue legal remedies, and seek compensation for any losses incurred.
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection: In addition to resolving inheritance disputes, some inheritance recovery attorneys also provide estate planning services. They can help clients create wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents to protect their assets and ensure a smooth transfer of wealth to beneficiaries.
It’s important to note that the specific services offered by an inheritance recovery attorney may vary depending on their expertise and the unique circumstances of your case. When consulting with an attorney, it’s advisable to discuss your situation in detail and inquire about the specific services they provide.
Edward Terzian, Esq
I have too often witnessed people who are willing to manipulate the truth in order to serve themselves, completely avoid accountability for their actions. We are here to change that…We are here to help you stand up to the bullies in order to right the wrongs.
Inheritance disputes hit very close to home for Edward, whose own family was involved in a highly contentious and drawn-out conflict. Because he personally experienced the emotional and monetary heartache that comes with family disputes, he is especially keen to his clients’ needs.
Edward Terzian earned his undergraduate degree from UCLA, where he graduated summa cum laude and was a member of the Golden Key Honor Society and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. After spending some time helping run his family small business, Edward obtained his law degree from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, CA, where he earned High Honors in several courses, including Torts and Evidence. Edward was also invited for entry into the St. Thomas More Law Honor Society and was on the Dean’s Honor List throughout his tenure there. But if you ask Edward, he would tell you that his greatest achievement in law school was his fateful decision to sit next to his now wife, Vanessa Terzian, on their first day of class!
Edward Terzian has been named a Top Attorney by Pasadena Magazine and a Rising Star by Super Lawyers for every year since 2014. Prior to forming the Inheritance Recovery Attorneys, LLP, Edward was a founding partner of Terzian Law Partners, APC, with Vanessa (a prominent estate planning attorney), where he headed the Trust and Estate Litigation Department. He also handled all real estate and business matters for clientele. It is this background in business, real estate and probate, combined with his personal experience and human understanding, that places him in a unique position to successfully assist clients.
Edward and Vanessa have two boys, Alec and Jack, and their dog/bear, Bronson. If he’s not working or spending time with the family, you’ll likely find Edward punching his boxing bag in an attempt to let off some steam.